The Virginia Trapshooting Hall of Fame, Inc. (VTHOF) is a non-profit organization separate from the VTA. It seeks to encourage participation in trapshooting among the younger generation through supporting youth programs and education at the VTA gun clubs. The VTHOF was incorporated in January, 2002 and has a tax-exempt status as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. During the past several years, the VTHOF has:
1) Assisted Sub-Junior and Junior shooters with reduced (1/2) price target fees for certain events during the State, VTHOF and Old Dominion shoots.
2) Supported the VA 4-H Education Council by supporting 2 shooting stations during the 4-H Championships.
3) Purchased the VTHOF plaques for all Hall of Fame Inductees and the club display wall. In the future, the VTHOF also plans to:
1) Support the AIM Program in procuring entry level equipment or trophies.
2) Provide assistance to the Boy Scouts in acquiring accreditation for receiving merit badges through shooting and shooting education classes.
The VTHOF also oversees the annual selection process for inducting a Virginia shooter into the Virginia Trapshooting Hall of Fame. Selection is based on superior marksmanship or outstanding efforts made by individuals on behalf of trapshooting in Virginia. Plaques honoring all VTHOF inductees may be seen in the clubhouse of the Winchester Gun Club.
This organization is supported by the generous gifts (items auctioned off during the State Shoot and cash donations) as well as challenges by individuals for matching fund donations from our trapshooting families and supporters.
If you would like additional information, have questions or suggestions for projects supporting the VTHOF functions, or are able to contribute financially, please contact Bob Igou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of the other officers or directors listed above.